Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Staycation in Washington DC

Daddy and Roman checking out the wild cats...
who actually were acting VERY wild today...shocking...normally they just lay around and sleep
just check out the air that one lion is doing..all four paws at least 2 feet in the air..impressive! Take notes Lebron!
The elephants were also pretty lively..although I hardly consider Indian elephants wild....but they were still fun to watch.

Boy pose on a funny looking froggy...
Rocco braving the misters...although he kept calling them mysteries...and couldnt quite figure out why they had "mysteries" at the zoo.
Roman was mesmerized by the tortoises who were also surprisingly ambulatory...again..usually bumps on a log....maybe sticking their head out on occasion to nibble some lettuce...

The orangutans put on a pretty good show as well..honestly I have never seen so much activity at the zoo and I have seen action before but it was usually in the fall when the temps were cooler. OK, so these pandas were not quite so active...they have consistantly been in deep slumber with their faces (and thats their best feature) so far hidden from view that you often wonder which end is which....so I ask...why are they spending SO MUCH MONEY on trying to preserve these guys when it is obvious they WANT to be extinct...lazy slobs! and no, I am not bitter.
as I was saying...
This BIG DADDY silverback never fails to impress...just on his shear size alone...I would hate to meet up with him in the Jungles of Africa..and people do spend big bucks to do that.

Took a little trip downtown DC...posing in a tree here in West Potomac park
and yet another monument that we had never seen before that we just happened to stumble upon...George Mason...who apparently was pretty important (Father of the Bill of Rights)...but not so important that his monument is anywhere anyone would find it.
Here we are after out long haul from the park to the museum of Natural History...
Rocco kept saying.."Oh my GOSH there big"! when referring to the dinosaurs...

Ahhhh..at last enjoying a wonderful meal at our favorite restaurant...Meskerem...Ethiopian cuisine..so YUMMY!! Rocco kept saying..."wow, this is a special treat" and any time anyone walked through the door (we were sitting pretty close to the entrance) he would shout "WELCOME TO Eupeopia!!"




1 comment:

Carrie said...

What a fun "staycation" you had! I am especially jealous of the Ethiopian food for dinner! How cute that everyone was welcomed to Ethiopia!