Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Mother's Day

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh

These are the children who call me "mommy"....yes, I know how unbelievably lucky I am.

I never fully appreciated my own mom (and my mother-in-law) until I had kids. There is so much in life that I have learned from these little guys and am still learning about myself (I thought I was done after college)like how completely self absorbed I was-haha I had no idea! I am not really a sappy person by nature but since becoming a mom..well you know as the quote says above "motherhood is new" so watch out people....I may just cry my eyes out over absolutely nothing--ugh! anyway, I do feel like a NEW person as a mom and its a good and welcome change. Its a journey that I am glad I am on and I honestly dont remember what I did with my self before I had kids...seriously what did I do?!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

great blog! your family is adorable! Love to see that parent/child connection. God Blee You.



http://midrange7.blogspot.com/

Jen said...

Hello there! I was just skipping around on Blogspot and came across yours. I like your quote by Rajneesh about a mother being born. It represents more than just the happiness brought when a child is born, but the instant birth of a whole new relationship in the world and the creation of the most empowering title: "A Mother." God bless you on your journey!

www.tunsjourney.blogspot.com

Sandra Rodríguez Burgos said...

Beautiful children!!!

Unknown said...

I just came across your blog and read that you grew up in Kenya. I was just there this past month on a Mission Trip and absolutley fell in love with the country and its people, well God's people. God definitley stirred my passion for medical missions on this trip and I am forever touched and blessed from my trip there. I was in Kijabe, Im sure you're familiar with it. I wrote a bit about my travels in my blog. God bless you and your family.

Shans said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
R.J said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
marina said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I always wonder what I did before I had kids. I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old and absolutely no down time. I have friends who don't have kids and talk about how they are just going to lay on the couch and watch movies all day! I'm like, Wow, did I use to do that? It seems like a million years ago that I didn't have to Tivo my shows to watch them in the first place!