Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, May 26, 2008

Great Country Farms Strawberry Festival

Recap of our day at the farm...



We saw NO strawberries because they were picked out on the FIRST DAY!!
















We attempted this adorable picture even though both children pretty much refused to cooperate..john even rigged up the camera on our stroller to capture the magical moment that never was.


We climbed to the top of the tire tower..as you can notice in the one picture this was just after we took on one of the big tubular slides that left half of my rear end muddy..the things we do for our children..





note the nice muddy spot...




We (the parents-obviously and in all honesty-mostly me) thought it would be very educational for Rocco to partake in this fun exercise of searching for precious gems in a 5 dollar bag of dirt...to date, I am still not sure why we thought this was a good idea...for starters he had more fun splashing the water everywhere and on innocent bystanders than the desire to see how much "Rose quartz" was in his pile of dirt..and I can think of a lot more useful things to do with 5 dollars...















The famous "cow train" ride that Rocco was begging to ride the entire time we were there..Roman was so tired by this point that I had to keep checking to make sure he was not comatose.














      This was mommys favorite thing to do at the farm, my excitement and glee did not transfer to anyone else in the group as Rocco proceeded to scream "I WANT OFF MOMMY!!" someday I hope one of my children will enjoy jumping on the giant pumpkin pillow with me...sigh...

















      More proof that Rocco and Roman would get a lot of use out of a sand box in our back yard..this was a simple pile of sand with a couple of toys in it but it was the funnest thing for them at the park....boys...




















      This was the giant pit of corn which was actually pretty cool and Rocco thoroughly enjoyed it and could have stayed in it all day I think, Roman was less impressed and was done after a minute..which was good because I later read that children under 3 were not permitted....I'll try and do better next time at following the rules...










      Rocco posing in the window of the barn..daddy is always trying to do something with his new found knowledge of cameras..

















      The Bluemont Vineyard was a nice little highlight and a fun trip up the mountain for a nice view of the area...and pretty much the closest we got to the strawberries during the entire Strawberry festival was tasting their Strawberry Wine..which was FABULOUS!!

      No comments: